Friday, May 1, 2009

And now it begins!



After 16 years of work I feel it is time to take a serious stab at shooting photos full time. I quit my job on wednesday. After three years of working there I got really tired of dealing with the general public and being treated like an idiot.
Tuesday I leave for two weeks of shooting climbers at the New River Gorge. I am getting pretty excited about this new direction that I am going in. The next few months I am going to be shooting for a month off and on along the north shore of Lake Superior, hiking in the Boundary Waters and a couple climbing trips to Wyoming. Wish me luck and keep checking back for new posts.
The image above was one of the first things I shot when I figured out how to use my SB-800's wirelessly with my D300. The main light is camera left, an SB-800 in a softbox, the red light is from another SB-800 on the floor firing up with a red gel and the exposure was about 30 seconds to get the LCD light to burn in nicely.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to hear your starting a new journey. Kudo's to you. That's one heck of a camera, I do get to operate my camera on my cell phone. What climbers are you taking photo's of at the New River Gorge Bridge? I work for a whitewater rafting company and I was just curious. Have fun and if you want to take a trip on the New River give me a shout and I will take good care of you.
    Kim
    www.songerwhitewater.com

    ReplyDelete