Thursday, April 28, 2011

Crouching Tiger, Venice Beach

This was a shot that I did on my last shoot at Venice Beach. Jackie wanted to do some leaps and I thought it would be cool to shoot under the pier. I wasn't sure what she was going to do till she started running and leaping off of this piling. We started with two lights hidden behind the nearest piling camera left but every time she pushed off of the one piling she would turn away from the light. A quick and easy fix was to have some one hold one of the two flashes camera right to become the main light.
I took the dome diffusor off the main light and zoomed it to 200mm but left the dome on the SB-900 camera left. They were both set at half power but by taking off the dome I changed the ratio by at least a stop.
This was shot with a Nikon D300, a 16-85mm, two SB-900's and processed in Adobe Lightroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment