Friday, February 12, 2010

Day 43

I don't do a lot of mixed black and white and color shots like this but that was the concept we came up for this before we shot it cause she wanted the orange scarf to really stand out. I liked how the colors of the background kind of matched the scarf. As far as the lighting goes I had a softbox camera right and as close as I could bring it in to try and get as soft of a light as possible and I also had a flash on the background just to bring out a little detail in the rug. In photoshop I copied the original color image and then converted the first layer to B+W, Quad toned it and turned it back to an RGB file then added the copied layer back on. Throw a mask on there and a little selective deleting on the mask and the color starts to shine through.

No comments:

Post a Comment